Friday, February 11, 2005

The Longest Yard



The longest yard is more than just a Quake III arena. It is a microcosm. The principles on which it is built closely reflect those of real life. When I feel smothered down in the game, I take a second to retreat back on one of the two platforms on the second level an get a grip of myself. In an instant I am rejuvinated and ready to strike back. The Longest Yard has bilateral symmetry which obviously represents the duality of human life. The yin and the yang. The good and the bad. The material and the spiritual. If you make an exceptional effort and jump around at the right places while avoiding all the fire power they throw at you (read: deal with all the obstacles in life) then you shall be aptly rewarded with a super health or a quad damage. A walk on the overbridge joining the two sides, although sometimes inviting, can be very precarious, just as an adventorous trip from virtue to indulgence; one may easily loose balance and fall. Finally, how can I forget the railgun platform ? With some skill and planning, one can get ahead in life.. But watch out alertly for the bot who sees you and rockets you down. Ahh... Never let your success consume you. Never let it make you complacent. Thank you longest yard.. thank you for your lessons. We remain infinitely indebted and eternally grateful.


+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home