Thursday, February 03, 2005

comfortably numb

My grandmother passed away this saturday. I was in a grocery store when i got the news in an sms message on my phone. I stared at the message hard a few times. The i didn't know what to do. I was emotionless. Did not know how to react. She was 83. A brave woman, suffering from heart disease, diabetes, blood pressure, she had fought breast cancer and even had a broken leg at the age of 78. I didn;t know how to react. I was unable to emote a single teardrop. I called home. I spoke to them. I didn't know what to say. I had spoken to her just five days earlier. "Take good care of yourself in the winter, eat well, drink milk everyday morning and evening, eat Badaam, fruits and green vegetables" was what she had told me, like she did every single time I spoke to her on the phone. And now suddenly she is gone. A blunt reminder of the impermanence of our material bodies. Bless her soul. HKHKKKHH HRHRRRHH.

+

2 Comments:

Blogger Dreamcatcher said...

hey iam very very sorry.
i guess nothing can be said to make things better.
my grandmother passed away this october ,and she used to say the same things eat well and take care of yourself..
may her soul rest in peace.
u take care.

4:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Life is like a train journey, until its time for you to depart. People jump in and people leave at various points of time. Unless you share this journey with someone, you're going to be lonely. You've got to hold on to the one you love. Share your journey with them even if it takes one to miss his/her stop. Loneliness is our worst fear. But I guess happiness is in giving. Wait! I think happiness is in SHARING.
Really sorry about your grandmother ZuluBoy. But I'm sure she's remembered and terribly missed by those she spent and most importantly shared her life with and her love and kindness shall be etched forever in the memories of whoever she touched deeply.
-Ved

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home