FNUkimaka
In another universe I am driving a Mercedes S class right now at eighty miles an hour on a bright sunny day. The Blaupunkt stero is playing the second half of Layla and the beautiful countryside is whizzing past me. Its a nice smoothe feeling. I don't want to stop.
In this universe however, I have just returned home from the Driving Motor Vehicles center where they refused to let me take the driving test because a misplaced 'FNU' (First Name Unknown) before my name in my visa ! URrrgghhh. What kind of stoopid system puts an FNU as your first name !? As a result of this dumb mistake they now want my birth certificate. Birth certificate ?? Are you kidding me lady ? I don't have no birth certificate ! All I got is this.. my passport and my tenth class marksheet!! Whattha FNU !! FNU !!!! Only in this country, ONLY in this country something like this can screw you up. And all this after sleeping only three hours last night and waking up at six (I haven't woken up that early since I dunno when) to take the train to the Trenton DMV. I am tired and hungry and sllepy now. I am going to sleep now, in the hope of dreaming about good things in better universes.
+
In this universe however, I have just returned home from the Driving Motor Vehicles center where they refused to let me take the driving test because a misplaced 'FNU' (First Name Unknown) before my name in my visa ! URrrgghhh. What kind of stoopid system puts an FNU as your first name !? As a result of this dumb mistake they now want my birth certificate. Birth certificate ?? Are you kidding me lady ? I don't have no birth certificate ! All I got is this.. my passport and my tenth class marksheet!! Whattha FNU !! FNU !!!! Only in this country, ONLY in this country something like this can screw you up. And all this after sleeping only three hours last night and waking up at six (I haven't woken up that early since I dunno when) to take the train to the Trenton DMV. I am tired and hungry and sllepy now. I am going to sleep now, in the hope of dreaming about good things in better universes.
+





2 Comments:
Dude!
Exactly the same thing happened to me today. I wainted in the Trenton DMV for 4 frickin hours and finally they say they cannot issue due to FNU being indicated for my Name! So SO Dumb!
Any way...what did you do to get it resolved? Please let me know. Iam from India.
kriv.john AT gmail.com
Hi,
I ran into your blog through a search page. Even I have the same problem! Got a FNU in my visa and I-94 and even my SSN!! I havent bothered to go the DMV yet coz I know I will run into more problems.. Pls let me know if you are aware of how to get this mess cleared up.
Thanks,
Harsha
Post a Comment
<< Home