The (better) Alternative
Hello. It seems to me that its the in thing these days for one to have an 'alter ego'. "My alter ego said this.. " and "My alter ego said that.." oh and the best one I've heard is: "My alter ego is schizophrenic !" blah blah blah. People seem to have confused the phrase "multi-faceted personality" with "split personality". Anyway, Everybody seems to have an alter ego! So I thought why should I be left behind the vogue? I am therefore in the process of creating a new personality, a new entity, separate from me and who will be responsible for his own thoughts and actions and will in no way be linked to me. Ha ! Now thats convenient. I can go and do anything to anybody and later say 'oh, that wasn't me, its was my alter ego.' Nice nice. Very nice.
I guess the biggest thrill in having an alter ego (AE) is what you can achieve through it. Its way better than having a pet or a stuffed toy. An AE allows you to express yourself through words and acts that you would not normally choose because your environment expects you to behave in a certain way (i.e. the way you have been behaving in your past) and because of which you have begun to define your identity through these 'expectation' constraints placed upon you. With an AE, you can break away from any constraints, 'coz now you have a whole new identity which the world knows nothing about and doesn't know what to expect of from. So go ahead, perpetrate your renegade ideologies and philosophies of life, express your lust, indulge in your passions and all the other things you always wanted to do but couldn't because you thought it wasn't becoming of you. But remember to blame it all on your AE. Thats very important.
Oh and better choose a nice flashy name for your AE while you're at it. Mine's called ZuluBoy ;)
Recommended listening: 'No particular place to go' - Chuck Berry
+
I guess the biggest thrill in having an alter ego (AE) is what you can achieve through it. Its way better than having a pet or a stuffed toy. An AE allows you to express yourself through words and acts that you would not normally choose because your environment expects you to behave in a certain way (i.e. the way you have been behaving in your past) and because of which you have begun to define your identity through these 'expectation' constraints placed upon you. With an AE, you can break away from any constraints, 'coz now you have a whole new identity which the world knows nothing about and doesn't know what to expect of from. So go ahead, perpetrate your renegade ideologies and philosophies of life, express your lust, indulge in your passions and all the other things you always wanted to do but couldn't because you thought it wasn't becoming of you. But remember to blame it all on your AE. Thats very important.
Oh and better choose a nice flashy name for your AE while you're at it. Mine's called ZuluBoy ;)
Recommended listening: 'No particular place to go' - Chuck Berry
+





1 Comments:
I dont have an AE. I have a slave name which is Heather, my real name. And I have Latanya, which is my non-slave name. Latanya doesnt do shit for anyone and heather always does...what that makes it an alter ego...never mind :(
Latanya
Post a Comment
<< Home