Sweet October Rain
The rain is here again
It washes love and pain
Happiness and sorow
it sings with me refrain
From the very first few drops
that raise that muddy smell
to the heavy steady pouring
A thirst to raise and quell
A pang of sharp desire
from a steamy cauchy novel
A misty hazy love-night
A damsel in a towel.
From stark and raw emotion
To mazy mild commotion
The rain still keeps on weaving
And I still keep on breathing
Should I be believing
That I am only dreaming ?
---
'Now it seems to me, some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones
that you can't get'
-Desperado, The Eagles
It washes love and pain
Happiness and sorow
it sings with me refrain
From the very first few drops
that raise that muddy smell
to the heavy steady pouring
A thirst to raise and quell
A pang of sharp desire
from a steamy cauchy novel
A misty hazy love-night
A damsel in a towel.
From stark and raw emotion
To mazy mild commotion
The rain still keeps on weaving
And I still keep on breathing
Should I be believing
That I am only dreaming ?
---
'Now it seems to me, some fine things
Have been laid upon your table
But you only want the ones
that you can't get'
-Desperado, The Eagles





0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home