My Favourite Game
I love pushing things to the absolute end of time. (That's just a euphemism for procrastination)
What can I say ? It gives me a thrill. An adrenaline rush. If there's 10 things to be done in one hour, I'd probably do them all in the last 10 minutes of the hour.
It makes me feel busy. It makes me feel I'm running short of time. It creates an artificial crisis. I think best when I'm in a crisis. After I have packed an impossible number of things in the tiniest amount of time, I feel good! (especially if it includes music and/or cooking food). But something's not right with this approach. Or at least my dad feels so. I have admitted to him that I'm addicted to it and he has dutifully reproached me. I don't see myself changing too soon.
+
What can I say ? It gives me a thrill. An adrenaline rush. If there's 10 things to be done in one hour, I'd probably do them all in the last 10 minutes of the hour.
It makes me feel busy. It makes me feel I'm running short of time. It creates an artificial crisis. I think best when I'm in a crisis. After I have packed an impossible number of things in the tiniest amount of time, I feel good! (especially if it includes music and/or cooking food). But something's not right with this approach. Or at least my dad feels so. I have admitted to him that I'm addicted to it and he has dutifully reproached me. I don't see myself changing too soon.
+





2 Comments:
hey there, zb!....you should see this:
http://www-csli.stanford.edu/~john/procrastination.html
i found it when i did a google search on procrastination some time ago ;-)))
this is shilpa, btw. and fun blog!!
gosh!! r u talking in my head?? trust me, ive gone thru this, and have paid very heavy price for it once!! i still do it, but just trying not to do it often...
Post a Comment
<< Home