Thursday, October 06, 2005

Excuse me, while I kiss the sky

Here are the top three screams in rock music according to me:

1. Roger Daltrey's scream in The Who's 'We Won't Get Fooled Again'.
About seven and a half minutes into the album track and about 4 seconds long, it kicks ass of any other sceam I have ever heard in a rock song. The song itself was written by Pete Townsend and is about revolution ('wont get 'fooled' again').

2. Syd Barret in Pink Floyd's 'Careful with that axe Eugene'
In one of the older Pink Floyd albums (Umma Gumma) when Syd Barett was still around to do the psychedelic stuff, came this psychedelic masterpiece. I have no idea what the song is about but Barett's screaming sure is chilling.

3. Jim Morrison in The Doors' 'When the music's over'
I used to have mad respect for this song's opening synth piece and the following scream by Morrison by now I feel it's overrated. A live version of the song shows Morrison doing weed on stage and then he breaks into a scream that's much longer than in the studio recording.

+

4 Comments:

Blogger PS said...

cochise by audioslave

6:54 PM  
Blogger Ravi Handa said...

janis joplin "try harder"

1:35 PM  
Blogger AJ said...

I think, it is Waters who does the scream in the song, the idea was Barret's though.

11:43 AM  
Blogger Arindam said...

isn't it funny how some songs which we absolutely worshipped suddenly nosedives into oblivion?

11:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home