Sunday, April 10, 2005

If love is shelter, I'm going to walk in the rain

I peered into her eyes, straight and deep. She caught me and immediately looked away. Like a timer going off. I looked away too. She looked flustered. Was she being shy ?
What was behind those shimmering eyes ?
Again our eyes met,
again we looked away.
What did it mean ?
A terrible compulsion ?
An unavoidable reason ?
A hidden hinderance ?
Something I didn't understand ?
Somthing I couldn't understand ?
I felt a stinging pain.

I wanted to understand.

Nothing was spoken.
I felt lost. Alone. Lost.


"Then I saw you looking back at me
And I knew that for a moment
You were calling out my name
You took away my hero
Will you take away my pain"

Petrucci, John

"If love is a red dress, hang me in rags,
If love is shelter, I'm going to walk in the rain"

+

1 Comments:

Blogger The Dancing Fool said...

Rain, like love, creates and sustains life. The earth religions saw rain as the seed of the sky god bringing forth life from the earth mother. Is it no wonder that rainstorms are sexy? Forget shelter - it's highly over-rated - dance in the rain!

12:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home