Friday, April 08, 2005

Nothing

And she asked me with the slightest inkling of disbelief in her eye 'So you want nothing else ?'

I shook shook my head and mumbled 'nothing'.

She stared at me for a moment with a blank face and said nothing. But I could hear a million things. And then she walked away. Didn't look back. She looked so nice that day. Her hair bounced and flowed. Her eyes clam as the ocean. Her forehead expressionless. I had lost myself in those eyes so many times, wondering what went on in that mind.


Afterword it tortured me night and day. It painted my mind red. I hated meself. Day-to-day life seemed meaningless. I thought I'd never get back to being myself. And in a sense I haven't. She has affected me forever. I am a different man.


"Ah, God, the way your little finger moved
As you thrust a bare arm backward
And made play with your hair
And a comb a silly gilt comb
Ah, God—that I should suffer
Because of the way a little finger moved."
-Stephen Crane

+

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home