Friday, August 13, 2004

Village Market™ Live

Right now I’m sitting in a cafe at the Village Market™ in Nairobi! Village is easily the pseudest place in the city to hang out on a friday afti.. The Musungus (whites) love to spend time here though there are young people of all ethnicities.. i’d say the babes hugely outnumber the guys. Where i’m sitting is the center of a food court. I can sense the aroma of a shawarma rotisserie. Rohit and Mahak have gone off to the handicrafts masai mela.. lovebirds.. yeah let them be alone for a while. My position here, lends me an amazing view and its fun to just sit and watch people. So thats what I’m going to do till Mahak and Rohit are back, while i sip on this nice capuccino and read my mail. Lets have an update every 10 min or so, shall we.

--

Huge gumbal of babes entering the food court. I think the’re Ismailis. most pf them have long straight hair.. some are dyed. Hey some of them are actually quite pretty. Wow. MOST of them are quite pretty. I’m not bored anymore.

--

Whoa, the net speed here is awesome. Wish my connection at home was more like this one. I’m debating whether to order thai or the baguette sandwich from Prime Cuts. Hmm.. we’ll see when the lovebirds get back. The guy at the piano is playing a familiar tune.. can’t rememeber what it is. I’m going for another capuccino.

--

Is this musungu female staring at me ? With her is a huge guy sitting with his back to me. She’s eating a nice salad or something. I’m trying hard not to stare back. She must be looking at something else. Why do i get the feeling she’s German? Muscara i think. Can’t hear what language the’re talking in but from her lip movement, i can imagine Deutche would be a good fit. She’s looking towards me again. Hmm.

--
Just met an old classmate from aga khan academy. Raj is passing out next yr. from sheffield and Linda’s getting married next month. cool. I’ve decided on the grilled chicken breast sandwich. Stomach’s gurgling.

--

There are sooo many ppl here. Wonder how many ppl are looking at me at this moment. Suddenly I’m feeling very concious. The German female left with her moissantre. Gotta say, she had an amazing smile.

--

This is getting a little boring now. I have finished reading and replying to all my mails and am now loitering on orkut. Where the hell are these guys??? Its almost 2 and I’m starving. I’ll give them another 10 min and then i’m outta here. Wtf !$!#@%


No sign of them still. Meanwhile, the ladies sitting on the table next to mine are yapping away loudly. Are they indian? I think some of them are.. vague hep women… one looks gujrati. They must be pretty old but the’re dressed like the’re 20 or something. Typical Nairobi accent. The one with her back to me is leaning over and well... lets just say these ppl have a baaaad sense of dressing. Eeoww. Please women.. go wear some clothes! Ahh.. here come my lovebirds finally.. with icecreams ! Somebody had a nice time.. can we eat now ?? : )

+




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home