Saturday, August 07, 2004

Help

With a week left before i leave, I can detect a sudden and definite shift in my parents' focus of conversation. Everytime I so much as mention a female's name, I invite a very interested glance from dad and a HUGE smile from ma. Before i can say anything more, the inevitable twist in conversation happens: "so xxx is a nice girl don't you think ?" or, a seemingly innocuous "tell me more about this xxxx.. what's she doing ?". Gimme a break people ! Yeah yeah... I wanna get married too but this is outright ridiculous. Everyone I mention is looked at with the prospect of being my potential bride. I'm running out of time god. Help me. Need to find someone quick. Need a miracle. Waiting.

In other news, I am hopelessly addicted to the this new song I just heard "Allah ke bande"... must've heard it like 50 times today after I downloaded it (did I say 'new song' ??? Heheh). The guitaring gives me a high.. reminiscent of the way the guy who played Deewana for Fubar strummed. The chords just swept me off the ground. The title words "Allah ke bande hasde" make me really happy somehow... lyrics are like a fresh cool wind... makes me forget about all the worries in the world. I'm listening to it right now and fantasizing that I'm singing in the Central Lecture Theatre at iit-m in front of a packed audience. What a high!

+

6 Comments:

Blogger Bayesian Observer said...

Tuta tuta ek parinda aisey tuta...
ke phir jud na paya...
luta luta kisne uske aise luta...
ke phir ude na paya...

Here's a meaningful translation for the whole song!

A bird was hurt so badly,
That he couldn't heal.
Someone stole from him,
His ability to fly.
He fell to the earth, all the way fom the sky,
Yet, his dreams were of clouds, and his spirits high.

He said,
Child of God, Smile,
For no matter what, there is always tomorrow.

When he lost his wings was when he truly learnt to soar,
Make sorrow your companion, for pain too has it's purpose.

Every dream was shattered alongside him,
But in the scattered pieces is the reflection of heaven's will.

So, child of God,
Smile,
For no matter what,
There will always be tomorrow.

4:34 PM  
Blogger Ravi Handa said...

Maaaaaaaan... you are outdated as hell. you are listening to "allah ke bande" now.. Its an old song by any standards. you watch pre historic movies like "Lock Stock n 2 smoking barrels" What did you do in those 4 years at IIT M.. anythin other than muggin ?

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is ur captain horrorboy ravi speaking.ur funda of a high is pretty colourless da. try adding some colour. i wud suggest green. u know the song right "grass is green , violets r blue..."
p.s- i still spell colour with a 'u'

5:44 PM  
Blogger Aekta said...

You don't need a miracle to find someone. You need a miracle to find them without having to marry them!!!

3:36 AM  
Blogger Bayesian Observer said...

Heyy Capt. wassup ? Why don't you post something on yr blog.. an tired of seeing the metallica drummer 'enjoying' with some pornstar. How's HOOSTON ;) mr. nano boy ?

6:25 AM  
Blogger Bayesian Observer said...

Hehe well said whirwings... will keep that in mind.

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home