Purple Haze
A purple haze is on my mind
Escape is of no avail
A simple joy I cannot find
But my mind is set to sail
So I do what I do best
In a white robe she appears
My heart is now at rest
Seeking succor as she nears
Black flowing hair she has
And smiles that melt a stone
A million maids can’t match her flair
No more am I alone
Slowly she rests her head on mine
I can almost feel her glow
Slowly now I’m feeling fine
All my troubles seem to flow
Within her warm and sweet caress
As soft and smooth as butter
She straightens up my utter mess
And makes my heart go flutter
Where I can hear her laughter
Where I can feel no pain
Happily ever after
Wish I could just remain
But something from the real world
Wakes me from my daze
And so abruptly I am hurled
Back to the purple haze.
+
Jimi Hendrix died in 1970 at the age of 27 of a drug overdose. With due apologies to you Jimi ! May your soul rest in weed !
Escape is of no avail
A simple joy I cannot find
But my mind is set to sail
So I do what I do best
In a white robe she appears
My heart is now at rest
Seeking succor as she nears
Black flowing hair she has
And smiles that melt a stone
A million maids can’t match her flair
No more am I alone
Slowly she rests her head on mine
I can almost feel her glow
Slowly now I’m feeling fine
All my troubles seem to flow
Within her warm and sweet caress
As soft and smooth as butter
She straightens up my utter mess
And makes my heart go flutter
Where I can hear her laughter
Where I can feel no pain
Happily ever after
Wish I could just remain
But something from the real world
Wakes me from my daze
And so abruptly I am hurled
Back to the purple haze.
+
Jimi Hendrix died in 1970 at the age of 27 of a drug overdose. With due apologies to you Jimi ! May your soul rest in weed !





2 Comments:
Nice. Poem and header. By the way did u check out the poem "purple" on my blog?
I didnt get it man... Are you calling the "Real world" as "Purple Haze" ? I always thought it meant something else, something that you have around your eyes after enjoying the "GREEN Leaves of freedom" ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home