Friday, July 15, 2005

Need: help with tamil poetry

My listening of Tamil music is at an infantile stage I must admit. I have much ground to cover and many melodies to explore. I wish I could understand the poetic meaning behind the literal Tamil lyrics. For now, I get excited by just the rhythms and the pure genius of melody woven into some of the more popular tamil music.

In other news, I have been accused of being overly 'serious' on my blog and writing 'peurile lovesick poetry'. (ah someone's noticed!)

--

kid: Phir kya hua ?

AB:
Khuda ki kassam,
Mazaa aa gaya,
Mujhe maar kar
Besharam kha gaya

kid:
Khaa gaya ?
Lekin aap to zinda hain !?

AB:
Arre yeh jeena bhi koi jeena hai Lallu ? Hain ?
la lala lala.. la lala lala.. la lalala lala
--

Recommended listening: Ore Nyabagam (Minnale)
+

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, this is like living with Sachin Tendulkar and wanting to learn cricket! Or living with Eric Clapton and searching all around for a guitar tutor!

Which song? :)

7:49 AM  
Blogger Bayesian Observer said...

POETIC meaning I said.. not transliteration ! i dont want stuff like 'the white flower has blossomed, the rain has fallen..'. I KNOW there's a more beautiful meaning behind it all and i need to get to it.

7:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its transliteration that requires Tamil.
The deeper beautiful meaning just requires lot of imagination!

BTW you should do this deeper meaning thingy for this song "Enna vilai azhage, sonna vilaiku vaanga varuven" from the movie "Kadhalar Dhinam" and let me know :D

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home