Friday, December 15, 2006

Blogger sucks

Bogger sucks. I used to swear by it, but today I discovered how ignorant I have been all this while and how trly and toyally blogger really sucks. I suppose I assumed that since it was associated with Google, it had to be the best. Introducing wordpress.com. I mean khamman. This blogging tool is just brilliant. How did I realize this? I felt a need to classify my posts into categories. So I did some searching in blogger and googling around, only to discover that blogger didn't support categories. There were some hacks around it that involved other websevrces such as del.icio.us but there was no native support for categories.

Then I found Wordpress - a state-of-the-art semantic personal publishing platform with a focus on aesthetics, web standards, and usability. And it is. It really is. Too bad I just upgraded this blog to blogger beta. That, in effect, means that I cannot export all my posts to wordpress - else I would have.

1 Comments:

Blogger Thandie Dowery said...

Wordpress is sooo convoluted. You have to spend like almost the entire day trying to figure out how to use the features. And there are a hell of a lot of features! And you can't monetize your blog. I think that sort of sucks. I mean, I enjoy writing, but if I could get paid for it too then why not? Know that the option ia there but wordpress isn't allowing me the option is very disconcerting.

I really like the fact that they have so many themes. I also like that you can add other administrators (cos running a blog is very time-consuming). Sometimes a bit of help goes a long way! There's a whole lot more to it that I like but yeah...I'm torn between the two. Not sure which one I like more. That's why I blog on both.

2:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home